The Polk County Sheriff’s workplace introduced on Friday that 160 individuals had been arrested within the newest human trafficking sting enforcement operation.
160 individuals had been arrested within the seven-day undercover human trafficking operation referred to as “Operation Fall Haul 2.”
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told reporters a Disney employee was arrested within the sting:
In the course of the press convention, Sheriff Judd cracked a smile when he reported that Disney additionally had two staff arrested through the sting. The Sheriff mentioned:
“The place would we be with an undercover operation and no Disney staff? Oh sure, we at all times have Disney staff.”
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) September 11, 2022
The Polk County Sheriff’s Workplace released this statement.
160 individuals had been arrested by the Polk County Sheriff’s Workplace Vice Unit throughout a seven-day undercover human trafficking operation, “Fall Haul 2,” which started on Tuesday, August 30, 2022. PCSO was assisted within the effort by police departments from Winter Haven, Haines Metropolis, Lake Wales, Davenport, and Bartow, in addition to the Workplace of the State Legal professional tenth Judicial Circuit, State Legal professional Brian Haas, members from the Florida Division of Youngsters and Households (DCF), and social companies organizations: One Extra Little one, Heartland for Youngsters, My Identify My Voice, Selah Freedom, and the Youngsters’s House Society of Florida who present on-site companies to recognized or potential trafficking victims.
Those that travelled to supply prostitution companies had been screened by detectives and the social companies organizations to find out in the event that they had been being trafficked or exploited by others.
Two trafficking victims, and one other 5 doable victims, had been recognized. All prostitutes taken into custody had been supplied companies by the social companies organizations on the operation. Comply with up will probably be carried out with those that are suspected to be sex-trafficked or exploited.
“The web prostitution trade allows traffickers and permits for the continued victimization of those that are being trafficked. Our purpose is to determine victims, provide them assist, and arrest those that are fueling the exploitation of human beings (Johns) and people taking advantage of the exploitation of human beings. Prostitution is just not a victimless crime – it ends in exploitation, illness, dysfunction, drug and alcohol habit, violence, and damaged households.” – Grady Judd, Sheriff
Some attention-grabbing notes from the operation:
• 26 of these arrested informed detectives that they’re married.
• Detectives charged these arrested with a complete of 52 felonies and 216 misdemeanors.
• Prison histories of everybody arrested included 419 earlier felonies and 619 earlier misdemeanors. A number of the prior histories embrace fees for kidnapping, theft, aggravated battery, and intercourse offenses.
• 15 of the arrested had been from different states and one was from Puerto Rico (Georgia, Michigan, New York, California, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Arizona).
• 16 suspects stay in Polk County.
• 12 suspects informed detectives they obtain authorities help.
• Detectives seized cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, MDMA (Ecstasy), and marijuana, from these arrested through the operation.